Top Ten Helpful Hints for Hearties
What can YOU do to help the success of When Calls the Heart?
Here are 10 ways you can contribute to the continued success of our beloved show:
#1 (You are already doing this) Love the show and join this fabulous community of Hearties to stay informed. Whether you stay connected on Facebook, the website, Twitter, or through a friend or family member, Hearties live by the values of community, respect, love, and support exhibited in both the show and its creators and “culture tweakers” Brian Bird and Michael Landon, Jr.
#2 Spread the word! Tell your friends, your family members, your coworkers, your hairdresser, your dentist, even strangers at the grocery store or at the gym. The more viewers we have, the stronger the ratings, which leads to more advertising and renewal for future seasons.
#3 Add your name to our email list so you can be counted and will have first knowledge of When Calls The Heart news. You’ll receive the quarterly eNewsletter, as well as occasional BOOM News! If you have a Facebook account, please join our Hearties Facebook Group.
#4 Complete our polls so we can glean demographics of the When Calls The Heart audience—there is power in numbers and in data.
#5 Tweet using the #Hearties and @HallmarkChannel during the show to help it trend. Not on Twitter but want to learn? Marisa Corser gives a fabulous tutorial on tweeting that you can find here. And there’s a video here.
#6 Send letters of support to Hallmark Channel executives (Crown Media).
#7 Write letters of appreciation and support to sponsors, the companies that advertise during the show. See the sponsor list, contact information, and instructions on how to do that here.
#8 Remain gracious and thankful. Let’s please season our actions and words with grace and not be demanding or entitled toward those who create and bring the show to us.
#9 Participate in Hearties initiatives. Visit news archives under “Hearties Initiatives” to see more of our past activities.
#10 Host viewing parties: Every Heartie who has the series on DVD/iTunes/DVR etc. is hereby challenged to gather friends for a viewing party!
- Find friends who have Hallmark Channel but haven’t seen When Calls The Heart.
- Find friends who don’t have Hallmark Channel but would still like to see the show—based on your fabulous sales pitch, of course!
- Pick a date or dates and plan a glorious shindig. Potluck, finger foods, or scones and tea.
- Post a picture of your view-a-thon and the new Hearties you’ve brought into the fold.
- Spread the word about the season viewing dates and times.
- Encourage friends who love the viewing party but don’t have Hallmark Channel to purchase an iTunes Season Pass for $19.95 – a steal!