FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Episode Viewer Ratings: When the previous episode’s ratings are in Brian Bird will share them. Some weeks take longer than others due to the network counting DVR #s.
2. Watching LIVE is best for ratings (ratings = advertisers = funding = renewals) but yes, DVR re-watches and purchasing from #4 below also count.
3. If you missed previous episodes and do not have them available to you via On Demand from your cable provider, your best bet is to purchase (for a small fee) from iTunes (available next day), Amazon Instant Video (available 4+ days later,) Google Play or VuDu. IF you do purchase from any of those sites, please make sure that you rate the show AND leave a review. AT THIS TIME, THESE 4 SITES ARE THE ONLY AUTHORIZED SITES FROM WHICH TO DOWNLOAD EPISODES/SEASON 1. IF YOU ARE WATCHING VIA ANY OTHER ON-LINE VENUE AND IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR IT, YOU ARE WATCHING PIRATED VERSIONS.
4. We have special events and contests running frequently on our Facebook group, so make sure you check the “Events” and “File” sections for the latest.
5. When tweeting, always include #Hearties, as this is the Hallmark Channel’s official hashtag for the series, and @hallmarkchannel in your tweets. We want #Hearties to trend on Twitter. All caps, all lower case, or a mash-up of the two –it does not matter. @WCTH_TV is the official Twitter handle (address) for the show.
6.Emailing Hallmark Execs: Also in the “File” you will find information on Hallmark Executive email addresses (for sending letters and thank you’s) and Advertiser Addresses for the same.
7. Here’s the info on multiple TVs (courtesy of Linda Rudd) No, you could have 20 TVs in the same house tuned to the same show and it wouldn’t have any effect on the ratings unless you were a Nielsen household and your TV was being monitored. Even in Nielsen households I’m not sure if they monitor just one TV or if they monitor every TV the household has.
8. The Episodes are being released on DVD in pairs. Episodes 1&2 are available now at Amazon and Christian book stores. At some point they will be available in big box stores. Episodes 3&4 were released in April…and so-on. Brian Bird said the entire S1 DVD set should be available in Q4 2014 (Oct – Dec timeframe.)
9. Live Show Tweeting with Cast & Crew: Hallmark Channel sends out the general invites. Sometimes all the principle cast and crew tweet live at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central and again at 9pm Pacific. Sometimes they split it up. Sometimes they have other commitments or are in places where connectivity is a challenge. Many times they respond to “live show’ tweets in the days following as they move through their twitter feeds. Their Favorites, Replies and Retweets indicate they enjoy and are so appreciative of the #Hearties movement.
10. Does the story match up with the books? For those of you reading the Janette Oke Canadian West series and trying to follow along with the WCTH TV series, here is a quote from Brian Bird: “We worked with Janette Oke to expand the story-telling canvas for the series so that we could sustain possibly several seasons of the show. That’s why we added a multi-generational element and a new branch of the Thatcher family, along with a coal mining town. Pine Springs from the original novel is a farming town, which was very much like the world of the Love Come Softly series so we thought it would give us more layers for story-telling. Janette Oke loved what we came up with so much she decided to write additional novels to follow this branch of the family along with all the happenings in Coal Valley.”
11. Regarding a convention / meet & greet: Due to all of the considerations and logistics involved in planning any type of convention, especially the appearances and security of cast & crew, it is up to Hallmark to decide (IF / When / How / Where / Etc.) to plan and execute such an event. The Admin Team is glad for your enthusiasm and interest in meeting up with other #Hearties. This is exactly why we created the #HeartiesParty—so clusters of Hearties all over the country can meet up and share common ground. The expense and logistics of a nationwide convention would be extremely challenging obstacles to overcome. Most important, an uninvited meetup in Langley, BC, is NOT sanctioned. The WCTH team has been overwhelmingly kind to us. It would be wrong of us to simply show up en masse and expect to be entertained. They will be working hard to bring us Season 2 of When Calls The Heart and we need to respect them by giving them space and privacy.
12. To contact Hallmark Channel USA via regular mail or email:
For Hallmark channel email: http://hallmarkchannelpress.com Go to the links for Corporate and Network CEO Contacts. Choose one & send your letter(s.)
Crown Media Holdings, Inc.
12700 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604
13. Writing to Mrs. Oke: Letters need to route through her publishing house:
Attn: Author Janette Oak
Baker Publishing Group
6030 East Fulton Road
Ada, MI 49301
14. Fan page link to use when Tweeting: http://ow.ly/wGdkt
The following are EVENT PAGES & LINKS for the Facebook Group:
POT STIRRERS ANONYMOUS
HEARTIES COMMUNITY QUILT/AFGHAN
LOCAL #HEARTIES PARTY
WCTH KNIT/CROCHET SHAWLS
WCTH PHOTOS/FAN ART
“FROM THIS MOMENT …’ WCTH VIDEOS & MUSIC CHAT
HEARTIES QUOTE IT
#HEARTIES WCTH FAN FICTION
WEAR YOUR HEARTIE ON YOUR SLEEVIE FAN PICS
COAL VALLEY CHARACTER PROFILES & KIDS CHAT